For those, who want an easy recipe to make edible fruit arrangements, start with an apple as the main ingredient and use the following preparation recommendations:
Objects Needed to Make Edible Fruit Arrangements
- Aluminum foil
- Cookie Cutter
- Head of iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 Apples (depending on size of fruit bouquet)
- Lemon juice
9- Steps to Making Edible Fruit Arrangements
- To make edible fruit arrangements for a small bouquet, select two to three firm apples.
- Ball up a piece of foil into golf-sized ball. Keep the foil loose enough to stick the skewers in the foil.
- Place the ball into the mug.
- Next, take two to three of iceberg lettuce and lay over the foil.
- Using a green apple, cut the apple into five to six slices, approximately one-third inches.
- To prevent oxidation or the apples from turning brown, dip each wedge in lemon juice.
- Affix each spear into the mug.
- Then, taking a metal cookie cutter, fashion the slices into the mold featured by the cookie cutter. (Stars, circles and flowers are ideal to make edible fruit arrangements).
- Next, spear each apple slice onto the skewer, until the edible fruit arrangement is complete.
The aforementioned process works on other fruit bouquets, too. To make edible fruit arrangements using other fruit. Be sure to select fruit that is not too ripe or marred with brown spots.
For example the following list of fruit can be used to make edible fruit arrangements, too:
- Honeydew melon
Important note: Bananas and papaya are not conducive to make edible arrangements.